Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Restaurant review: Itadakizen

The 7th of July is the Japanese festival Tanabata, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to check out the vegan Japanese restaurant, Itadakizen.

Vegan sushi!

There were train delays and I was starving when I arrived! I was concerned that the meal I ordered (Kariage Udon set) wouldn't fill me up. I was pleasantly surprised, and found my meal to be both satisfying and delicious. Most people associate the word 'sushi' with raw fish, but there are so many options! I love making sushi, especially pumpkin and cucumber (not together :p). Not only is vegan sushi healthy, but it doesn't contribute to over-fishing, which is a huge environmental problem. So if you live in London give Itadakizen a visit, otherwise try making your own vegan sushi some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment