Thursday, August 27, 2015

I don't use shampoo! (No Poo update)

For those of you not familiar, 'no poo' is the movement of not using shampoo or conditioner to wash your hair (read my earlier post). Since I last blogged about it, I have moved back to my home country Australia from the UK. I have travelled a lot this year and can’t say I’ve been 100% faithful, but I won’t give up.

clean hair without the use of shampoo!

Until this year I didn’t realise the struggle of hard water. Sure I’d heard the term before but I had no idea how it impacted people trying to go no poo. It’s still possible (I mostly got by with soap nuts) but challenging. Now I’m back home and using a combination of bicarbonate (baking) soda as my shampoo and a green tea rinse as conditioner. I have a new found respect for people in hard water areas! If you’re thinking, this sounds like too much hard work, consider how many animals get tested every year on beauty products like shampoo. Many of the big brands do it unfortunately. It’s true, you could just chose a product that claims it’s cruelty free, but then there are all the other negative impacts (such as environmental) which aren’t taken to consideration.

Anyway if you are intrigued by the idea, I 100% recommend this Facebook group, with a massive library of resources you’ll surely be able to start your no poo journey, hard water or otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment